She Said–Postcards to the Pacific–Day Six–April 15, 2012

APRIL 15, 2012–DAY SIX

SUNDAY

A day set aside for worshiping the LORD–even in sorrow.

I snapped this photo at Jo’s place after the funeral.  It made me think of rebirth, new life.

After meeting/church/sleeping in, the family all congregated at The Hunni’s brother’s place.  I think everyone just had the desire to stay together as much as possible.  With seven siblings living all over the place, it isn’t easy to all get together.

This is my brother-in-law Andy and his wife Jennie.  They have two of the cutest kiddos.

Here is their oldest boy, and. . .

Here is their baby.  Just about perfect if you ask me!!

Here is another brother.  Dave lives in Texas, so we don’t get to see them as often as we would like.

This is his wife Teresa.  She is all Texas and has that honey-ed drawl.  They have two teenage boys that say, “Yes, sir” and “No, ma’am.”  I wish my kiddos said that to me.  Instead, I get “?WHAT???” or “Huh?”

This is their oldest boy Jacob.  Unless you are Teresa, and then it is Jay-a-cub.  Now I have seen these two nephews of mine eat, and I pity their parent’s grocery bill.

This is The Hunni’s closest brother.  Steve is a woman’s volleyball coach for Idaho State University or is it The University of Idaho.  I never remember which.  Here he is with his girlfriend.  We hope we see more of her!!!!  Like a lot more.

Here are two of The Hunni’s sisters–Jenny and Joanne.  Apparently I missed the memo about wearing brown and turquoise paisley, as I was in blue.

The Hunni’s other sister arrived after I had sat down to eat.  Now I take my eating seriously, especially when the food is seriously good.  Therefore, I didn’t get any photos of her and her family.  But stay tuned because tomorrow we are going out for breakfast with them.  And it isn’t going to be just any breakfast, but breakfast at THE crepes place in Pike’s Place Market.

More cousin shots.

Here is Eloise holding her youngest cousin.

Here is Scout holding that same cute cousin.

And here is the rest of the story.  This photo reveals that Eloise is quite grumpy for having her turn terminated.

At the end of the day, many members of the family had left–kids back to school, Daddies back to work, nephews back to the oil fields in North Dakota, etc. . .

But is was nice that we were all together.

For a little bit.

a tiny little bit.

“Won’t somebody PLEASE play baseball with me?  Where did everybody go?  Come back!”

This entry was posted in She said.... Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to She Said–Postcards to the Pacific–Day Six–April 15, 2012

Thanks for some seriously good pictures of your great extended family!!! Is it an Ipsy doll shirt on Eloise??

2. Kathy Tanner says:

Seriously, Steve looks seriously …..happy

3. brooke says:

Oh that last picture is just perfect. I happen to know that it’s the U of I BECAUSE I have one husband, one brother-in-law and two brothers who have all graduated from that very same University–and another brother who is still going there. It’s hard to take for a Dawg, I tell ya. ISU is the school across the street from where Nora was (barely) born.

4. Abigail says:

That crepe place is fabulous! I could live off the peaches and cream crepe! And I totally agree about Andy and Jennys kids, they are soo cute. We loved having them (even the parents;) at our house even if it was just for a day!

5. Lisa Buchanan says:

That last picture needs to be entered into a contest! Thanks for posting all those pictures! It’s so fun to see everyone! Did you know back in the days of yore, Joanne was my piano playing hero? It’s true. I would watch her play for the singing before each meeting, then watch her beautiful self with her long blond hair walk to back to her seat and I would say to myself “Someday, I’m going to be just like her.” So, I play the piano, yes. I’ve had long blond hair, yes. But, somehow I’m pretty dang sure (excuse the language) I missed the desired “Joanne effect” completely. Sigh. Childhood hero’s all always unatainable. I’ve learned to deal with it.

• Lisa Buchanan says:

That all took place out at Hicks Lake, by the way. I can still see it all . . . 🙂

Can’t wait to pass this on to her! I think it may just be one of those little things that bring a smile on an otherwise hard week.