She Said–My Whit’s End Birthday and More!

I missed my blog’s birthday.  On May 24, I had been blogging for one year, and I wanted to celebrate.  But life here at My Whit’s End is not usually “normal”.  I was sick, our business needed work, and of course there was baseball.  In May there is always baseball.  And Soccer.  And Laundry.  And Meals on the Go.

And then my domain name expired on the one year date, and I thought for sure, that I had lost my site.  (Needs to be renewed every year.)  Late, late, that night The Hunni figured out how to renew our subscription and saved My Whit’s End from being lost to cyber space.

But we can still celebrate.  Let’s!!!

I didn’t really mean to start a blog.  I just had a Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very, Bad, Day, so I wrote about it on Facebook.  It was fun sharing and hearing the responses of “all ya’ll”, so I started blogging about life here at My Whit’s End.  Thanks so much for coming along!

I love my readers, and wanted something special for “all ya’ll”, so I have some serial posts coming up.  Just as I have given you a peek into my life, I wanted to be able to give you a sample of other people’s lives.  So I sent out some requests and received some very generous responses.  I am happy to announce the “A Day in the Life Of . . . . . . . . .” series.  The first one being, “A Day in the Life of Ms. Dot–Soup Kitchen Volunteer.”

I also have been working on another series entitled, “Rebecca on Ree.”  Just like Julie on Julia”, I am trying to cook Ree Drummond’s entire cookbook.  Just for fun.  Come sit in my kitchen with me and see my failures and findings.

Now lift your glass and join me in a toast,

“To life, to life, L’chaim!!!. . .” –from The Fiddler on the Roof

And stay tuned for Rebecca on Ree and A Day in the Life of Ms. Dot–Soup Kitchen Volunteer.

This entry was posted in Recipes, She said... and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to She Said–My Whit’s End Birthday and More!

Sounds interesting!!!! The birthday pic is so cute of you all!!! Don’t quit blogging, you’re good!! and the only one I follow regularly. The fiddler on roof is strange!!!

I found the Lego version of the musical Fiddler on the Roof to be funny. If you have never watched this three hour epic musical of a Jewish village in Russia during Worl War I, it is a great musical.

2. Kathy Tanner says:

When I was growing up, my neighbor’s Dad played Tevye in the only play I think I ever went to ( before I grew up, that is ). Brings back memories. think I will watch that 3 hour movie this week.
    Well, if I can scratch at least three things off my to do list first! I do not know how you manage.
    But … you are young!
    Blessings
    kathy

May 26
    Proverbs 26:20 Where there is no whisperers contention quiets down.
    ( speak the truth in love )

I did enjoy the musical many, many years ago, but memory is a fading thing around here…..

4. Dave says:

Uhmmm, Ree isn’t exactly Julia Childs. Far from it. She and her media team have engineered the pioneer woman hoax. Are you aware of the plagiarism allegations surrounding Ree Drummond and the recipes she’s swiped from community and church cookbooks? Before you embark on a journey to type 2 diabetes, read The Marlboro Woman dot com. She has the evidence and photos of the cookbooks Ree has lifted most of her recipes from.

5. Laura says:

Happy Birthday Blogger! Thank you for starting and for making me smile, laugh, snort, cry and want to hug you!

6. Sara says:

Didn’t see an option to contact you otherwise on here… You and I were pen pals waaaaaaay back when I lived in Alaska (10 years ago now perhaps?). I would love to catch up sometime!

Oh My GOODNESS! I thought I had lost contact with you forever! So good to hear from you. We moved up from Florida to Michigan and here we still are. Thanks so much for writing in. I sent you an email.