Headlines from Here to There, Day 4–Pacific Coast Road Trip–Family Pull


Newspaper Headlines from Here to There: Family Pulls Us to Portland

November 18, 2016, Friday

A travel day.  Family was pulling us up to Portland for the weekend.

It was. . .

9:06 a.m. when Eloise and I finally made it to the Tahoe.  We were the last ones, but we had to straighten our hair.  In the last three nights, we had gotten a total of 16 hours sleep and we were tired–4 hours the night before traveling, then awake 24 hours, then a 6 hour night, then another 6 hour night.


Getting up was hard for this Mommi.


With help from Yelp we decided on breakfast at Buttercloud Bakery and Cafe.  The brunch place specializes in Biscuit sandwiches and biscuit french toast.  Both sounded great.


But as we gazed at the menu we realized two things.  The adults loved it, and the kiddos were “meh.”  We don’t feed our kiddos a $10 breakfast for “meh”


So The Hunni and I placed orders, and we quietly promised the kiddos a McDonald’s Big Breakfast.


The Daddi ordered a French Biscuit Plate that was “french toast battered biscuits, bacon & eggs, and 100% maple syrup.


I ordered a Sausage, Egg & Cheese Sandwich that came with “pork sausage, fried egg, roasted garlic aioli, smoked gouda, tomato, and arugula”, and I think The Hunni had “plate envy.”


9: 48 a.m.  The kiddos were happy with their Big Breakfast platters and we were happy with ours.

10:00 a.m.  We turned on a podcast by Ravi Zacharias.  We had been listening to a series of his podcasts on the drive out, and today’s was on worship–Worship: A Clue to the Meaning in Life.  I really enjoyed it.


10:27 a.m. First bathroom stop at a rest area.

11:55 a.m. Second bathroom stop at another rest area.


1:44 p.m.  Crossed the 45th parrallel.  In otherwords we were halfway between the equator and the North Pole.


1:54 p.m.  Saw Mt. Hood peeking out


2:24 p.m. We had to stop yet again for bladder relief.

2:56 p.m.  We made one final stop at Bi-Mart for some Benadryll Cream.


Sometime after 3:00 p.m. we arrived at Aunt Jenny’s and Uncle Dwayne’s home.


It was good to be there.


Banjo met Clifford, and the cousins got reaquainted.  We hadn’t seen them for five years, so everyone had changed.


After supper we played this Seran-Wrap-Ball game.


Aunt Jenny had wrapped up candy and goodies in pieces of Seran Wrap.


You had to don gloves, then unwraped the Seran Wrap until the person to your left rolled doubles.


The longer it took to roll doubles, the more candy and goodies you got.


Aunt Jenny had added a an extra large box of Skittles right in the very middle.


It was a great ice breaker for the cousins, and lots of fun to both watch and play.


We have since played this with our Youth Group, and they also enjoyed it.


Here we are counting our loot.


Later we visited and tried out Uncle Dwayne’s back rub machine.


Good times.


Happy Times.


Good Night All,

Your Roving Reporter,


This entry was posted in She said... and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s